Application Information and Instructions
National University of Singapore (NUS) Enterprise is hosting a summer program that aims to provide talented students with an exciting educational experience. Participants will get an opportunity to interact with local students in a multi-cultural and cosmopolitan environment, understand how public policies are formulated and most importantly, gain important insights on business practices and entrepreneurship development in Singapore.
- Lectures/workshops/seminars conducted by the NUS faculty and faculty from other universities as well as government officials, business leaders and professionals.
- A comprehensive curriculum covering the following topics:
- People, Politics and Culture of Singapore
- From Third World to First: Economic Development of Singapore
- Public and Private Enterprise Development in Singapore
- Entrepreneurship Growth and Strategy in Singapore
- Entrepreneurial Venture Creation: From Idea to Business Plan
- Social Entrepreneurship in Asia
- Site visits to selected government departments, statutory boards, companies and start-ups in Singapore.
- Dialogue sessions with business leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Visits to cultural and heritage sites in Singapore.
Sajjad Foundation, the main sponsor, along with Habib University will sponsor the Program. Sponsorship will cover the program fee that includes all programmatic activities and accommodation at the student hostel at NUS. Sponsorship will also cover travel cost.
Note: The sponsorship does not cover personal expenses and each selected student shall bear these costs.
Every applicant must fulfill the following conditions to be considered eligible for applying to the NUS Enterprise Summer 2016 Program:
- Be a citizen of Pakistan
- Be currently enrolled in the second/third/fourth semester of a bachelor’s degree program at a Pakistani higher education institution as a full-time student. Preference will be given to students studying in third/fourth semester (second year of undergraduate degree)
- Possess a good academic standing with a CGPA of at least 3.0 at the time of submitting the application.
- Have sound English comprehension and communication skills.
- Have a passport that has minimum six months validity from the program commencement date
How to Apply
Only students nominated by their universities will be considered. Therefore, students should contact their universities and apply through them. Independent applications will not be accepted. To apply for the program, nominated students need to take the following steps:
- Click here to access the online application.
- Complete the online application.
- Upload the following documents:
- A recent passport size photograph with white background and on non-glossy paper (JPEG files no larger than 200 KB).
- A scanned copy of the first page of your passport with the picture and information clearly displayed (JPEG files no larger than 200 KB).
- A letter of nomination by the institution on an official letterhead. This letter should also indicate that the applicant is a full-time student in good standing at their university (only PDF, DOC, DOCX or JPEG files will be accepted).
- Academic transcript or consolidated grade record(s) issued by the institution. The transcript should be endorsed with the university’s seal and official signatory (only PDF, DOC, DOCX or JPEG files will be accepted).
- A document with essay response question of the application in a DOC/DOCX/PDF format.
Note: Nomination by your home institution does not indicate that you have been selected for the program.
|Application Deadline||Application is closed now!
|Interviews of shortlisted candidates||First week of April, 2016|
|Announcement of final decisions||Mid-April, 2016|
|Travel & Visa Arrangements||May and June 2016|
|Pre-departure orientation at Habib University||July 9, 2016|
|Departure to Singapore||July 10, 2016|
|Program Dates||July 11 to July 22, 2016|
We are happy to address any further questions or concerns you might have. Please feel free to contact us.
UAN: +9221 1110 HABIB (+9221 111042242)
Office of Admissions: Extension 4531 | Cell: +92322-2850248