Discussions are small group sessions: these can be led by professors, staff, or other students, depending on student requirements.
They provide an engaging and supportive space in which to ask questions, discuss ideas more broadly, identify further intellectual engagement with topics, and seek clarification about readings and assignments.
- Create your own discussion group with likeminded peers
- Request a faculty or staff mentor for a specific discussion topic
- Visit us to suggest your ideas and scheduling, and source interested parties
- Provides a safe space to ask questions and clarify confusion
- Provides a time to share ideas and interpretations
- Students can make connections between course texts, other readings, past experiences, and background knowledge