Professor of Physics,
School of Science & Engineering
Dr. Zaidi has previously served at NED University, as the Chair of Departments of Electronic Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering preceding 2009. He made it to the position of the Dean of Electrical and Computer Engineering, in 2012, after which he joined Habib University.
Dr. Zaidi holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, and has a proven record in successfully developing and implementing solutions for metrology, process control, and characterization of semiconductor processes. These solutions are now being used on three continents to manufacture cutting-edge semiconductor devices. His accomplishments include 23 U.S. patents to his name, as well as six years of R&D experience at IBM-Infineon joint development programs.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of New Mexico, NM
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas, TX
- B.S. in Optics, The Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, NY
- B.A. in Physics, The College of Wooster, OH
- Renewable Energy
- Indigenous Development
- Higher education
- Optical metrology
- Semiconductor process engineering and control
- Semiconductor material analysis
- Zaidi, S., Kamal, S.A., Anwer, A., Fatima, S. B., Sheikh, M. S., & Burki, S., “Higher Performance Secure Outer Space Communications At Lower Cost Utilizing Commercial Components”, The 2013 IEEE International Conference on Space Science and Communication (IconSpace2013).
- Rehman, Y., Narejo, G. B., and Zaidi, S. “An Experiment for Testing Efficiency of Effective Teaching Model and Comprehensive Use of Limited Resources,” 2012 IEEE International Conference on Teaching, Assessment and Learning for Engineering (TALE).
- Zaidi, S., Ali M. S., Nomani, S., Khalid, A.B. and Shamim, F., “Automated Lane Detection for Vehicular Traffic”, IPCV’12 – The 2012 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition, July 2012.
- Chen, Y. C., Rettner, C. T., Raoux, S., Burr, G. W., Chen, S. H., Shelby, R. M., Salinga, M., Risk, W. P., Happ, T. D., McClelland, G., Breitwisch, M., Schrott, A., Philipp, J. B., Lee, M. H., Cheek, R., Nirschl, T., Lamorey, M., Chen, C. F., Joseph, E., Zaidi, S., Yee, B., Lung, H. L., Bergmann, R., and Lam, C., “Ultra-Thin Phase-Change Bridge Memory Device Using GeSb,”2007 International Solid-State Circuits Conference, special session on “Best of IEDM 2006,” February 2007.